This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8748 / 51°52'29"N
Longitude: 1.1181 / 1°7'5"E
OS Eastings: 614733
OS Northings: 224182
OS Grid: TM147241
Mapcode National: GBR TPZ.FHJ
Mapcode Global: VHLCR.B4GK
Entry Name: 1, the Street
Listing Date: 10 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306569
English Heritage Legacy ID: 120243
Location: Tendring, Tendring, Essex, CO16
Civil Parish: Tendring
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Tendring
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TENDRING THE STREET
TM 12 SW
4/133 No 1 (formerly
Post Office and
House. C18 of possibly earlier origin with later alterations. Painted brick.
Red plain tiled roof. Left and end left red brick chimney stacks. 2 storeys.
Single storey range to left with red pantiled roof and vertically boarded halved
door. Main range. Dentilled eaves cornice, central band to left 3 bays. First
floor windows, the 3 to left are original cross transomed casements with pightle
hinges, moulded surrounds, those to right 2 light small paned casements. Ground
floor, 2 left small paned vertically sliding sashes. 2 right shop windows with
segmental heads, slanting canopy on brackets to right window. Left door, 6
panel, plain reveals, fluted surround and frieze, C20 2 panelled door with top
lights between the shop windows and right vertically boarded door. Internally
most bridging joists are boxed in, tie beams are held by iron tie plates,
several C18 doors with ironmongery.
Listing NGR: TM1473324182
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings