This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7494 / 52°44'57"N
Longitude: 1.1145 / 1°6'52"E
OS Eastings: 610297
OS Northings: 321416
OS Grid: TG102214
Mapcode National: GBR TCB.LLV
Mapcode Global: WHLRV.25Z1
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 19 January 1952
Last Amended: 22 July 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306691
English Heritage Legacy ID: 219928
Location: Great Witchingham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR9
Civil Parish: Great Witchingham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Great with Little Witchingham
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TA 12 SW GREAT WITCHINGHAM BOOTON ROAD
4/21 Manor House.
(formerly listed as
19.1.52 Manor House and barns)
Farmhouse. C17 with early C19 additions and remodelling. Two storeys, double pile
with 'M' roof. Bed brick, black-glazed pantile roofs, hipped slate roof over
C19 block. Main facade to north: three bays, sash windows with glazing bars.
Flat rubbed brick arches over openings. Brick pilasters with moulded capitals.
Central doorway with Doric portico on fluted columns. Two bay windows with
gauged arches and keystones. Two chimney stacks. Earlier range to south: red brick
black glazed pantile roof. Sashes with architraves and glazing bars, some
C20 windows. Brick dentil eaves. Parapetted gables with internal brick stacks.
Off-centre arial stack. Fine C17 moulded plaster ceiling in ground floor room of
south range. L-shaped one-storey stable range at west gable: casements with
pointed relieving arches. Good cast and wrought iron gates and railings to main
Listing NGR: TG1029721416
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings