History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Middleton, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 52.7162 / 52°42'58"N

Longitude: 0.4565 / 0°27'23"E

OS Eastings: 566024

OS Northings: 316005

OS Grid: TF660160

Mapcode National: GBR P5J.N77

Mapcode Global: WHJP7.ZZKK

Entry Name: The Old Lodge

Listing Date: 15 November 1977

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1306699

English Heritage Legacy ID: 221992

Location: Middleton, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE32

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Civil Parish: Middleton

Built-Up Area: Middleton (King's Lynn and Wes

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Find accommodation in
North Runcton

Listing Text

TF 61 NE
5/83 The Old Lodge
- II
Former lodge to Middleton Hall (qv). Dated 1837. Finely coursed carstone rubble
with gault brick dressings. Fishscale slate roof with gabled ends, the gable
ends with elaborate wavey and pierced bargeboards with pendants and finials.
2 axial stacks with pairs of tall octagonal gault brick shafts.
Plan: T-shaped on plan with a cross-wing on the right projecting at the front,
and as a service wing it projects at the back, where there is a small late C20
extension. The lodge adjoins the stables of Middleton Hall on the right and
on the left is the drive entrance. Tudor Gothic style.
Exterior: 1 storey. Asymmetrical 2-window south front facing the road with a
projecting gabled wing to right and an open porch in the angle with wooden chamfered
posts and a lean-to roof against the left side of the wing which has a late C20
door. The windows are in large chamfered gault brick openings, the window frames
replaced with late C20 plastic casements. In the gable above the right hand
window a stone shield inscribed 'Anno Dom 1837'.
Small late C20 single storey brick extension at rear of back wing (north).
Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TF6602416005

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.