This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8533 / 51°51'11"N
Longitude: 0.9822 / 0°58'56"E
OS Eastings: 605480
OS Northings: 221397
OS Grid: TM054213
Mapcode National: GBR SNN.P5F
Mapcode Global: VHKG6.ZP43
Entry Name: The Old Bottle and Glass
Listing Date: 10 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306753
English Heritage Legacy ID: 120156
Location: Alresford, Tendring, Essex, CO7
Civil Parish: Alresford
Built-Up Area: Alresford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Alresford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
ALRESFORD WIVENHOE ROAD
TM 02 SE
3/22 The Old Bottle and Glass
(formerly known as Ship
Cottage. C17/C18 dated 1737. Timber framed and plastered. Red plain tiled
roof outshot at rear. Central plastered attached shaft chimney stack. 2
storeys and attics. 3 gabled dormers. 3 small paned windows. Right and left
C20 doors. Above the central window is a rectangular niche with plaster relief
of a bottle and glass and dated 1737.
Listing NGR: TM0548021397
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings