This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0314 / 53°1'53"N
Longitude: -0.3468 / 0°20'48"W
OS Eastings: 510964
OS Northings: 349516
OS Grid: TF109495
Mapcode National: GBR GRM.WPM
Mapcode Global: WHGK7.N22C
Entry Name: Walled Garden to Haverholme Priory
Listing Date: 12 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306938
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192570
Location: Ewerby and Evedon, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Ewerby and Evedon
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
EWERBY AND EVEDON HAVERHOLME PARK
TF 14 NW
3/24 Walled garden to
Walled garden to Haverholme Priory. c.1840. Red brick with
sandstone and limestone ashlar dressings, cast iron railings.
South wall has central paired cast iron gates with slender
verticals, pierced and scrolled rails, spearhead finials and
wrought iron overthrow with floriate swags containing ligatured
letters for Finch Hatton. Flanked by tall square brick piers
with moulded ashlar cornices and ball finials. To either side
are 6 bays of matching iron railings separated by coped walls
with stepped buttresses. To the angles are piers and further
ball finials. The east wall is demolished but the tall west wall
retains a central gateway containing a pair of cast iron gates
matching those to the south and it is flanked by square piers
with ball finials with ramps to the full wall height. The north
wall has a broad opening, now planked, and a single planked door
with a plain ashlar lintel.
Listing NGR: TF1096449516
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings