History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints with Railed Tomb Enclosure

A Grade II Listed Building in Wyham cum Cadeby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4372 / 53°26'14"N

Longitude: -0.0779 / 0°4'40"W

OS Eastings: 527781

OS Northings: 395103

OS Grid: TF277951

Mapcode National: GBR WXWP.YK

Mapcode Global: WHHJC.SV3T

Entry Name: Church of All Saints with Railed Tomb Enclosure

Listing Date: 9 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1307075

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195306

Location: Wyham cum Cadeby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN36

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Wyham cum Cadeby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Fotherby St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Wold Newton

Listing Text

WYHAM CUM CADEBY WYHAM
TF 29 NE
1/54 Church of
9.3.67 All Saints with
railed tomb
enclosure
G.V. II

Parish church, now closed, and railed tomb enclosure. C13, C14,
C16, C17, 1886 restoration by James Fowler of Louth. Chalk
rubble with ironstone blocks and red brick, having stone coped
slate roofs. Nave with western bellcote, chancel, south porch.
West nave wall has early C14 reticulated window of 3 lights,
single chamfered surround and moulded hood. Above is a C17 2
light blocked window with central mullion and square surround.
Above the centre is set a C12 chevron moulded voussoir. To gable
is a C19 single gabled bellcote. North nave wall has 2 C19 2
light windows, and in the chancel 2 C19 lancets and a presumably
reset C13 single chamfered pointed niche. Above is a short run
of herringbone work, which since it balances a similar panel on
the south side may be C19 decoration. At the east end of the
chancel an enclosure contains 2 tombs of the Grant family d.1838,
with alternating Serpentine and fluted railings, the fluted
having shaped tops. The chancel east window is C19 and of 3
lights with intersecting tracery set in an earlier 4 centred
arched surround. Chancel and nave south walls match those to
north with the addition of a C20 brick porch. The inner C14
doorway has continuous hollow chamfered surround. Interior. C19
chamfered chancel arch with annular corbels. Most fittings have
been removed but C19 pulpit and font remain. The stained glass
in the east window is by Warrington.


Listing NGR: TF2778195103

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Old Rectory
    Wyham cum Cadeby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN36
  • II Wyham House
    Wyham cum Cadeby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN36
  • II* Cadeby Hall
    Wyham cum Cadeby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN36

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.