History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Marshchapel, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4755 / 53°28'31"N

Longitude: 0.0426 / 0°2'33"E

OS Eastings: 535664

OS Northings: 399588

OS Grid: TF356995

Mapcode National: GBR XXR7.1V

Mapcode Global: WHHJ7.MWJY

Entry Name: The Old Hall

Listing Date: 6 June 1952

Last Amended: 30 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1307174

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195346

Location: Marshchapel, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN36

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Marshchapel

Built-Up Area: Marshchapel

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Marshchapel St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Tetney

Listing Text

TF 39 NE MARSH CHAPEL HALL GARTH LANE

6/39 The Old Hall (formerly
listed as The Hall)
6.6.52 II

House. c.1730 with alterations and additions of c.1820 and minor
C20 alterations. Red brick in Flemish bond with ashlar
dressings, hipped pantile roof with sandstone dressings to main
range with 2 ridge stacks. It is apparent from internal
inspection that the roof was originally gabled. U plan, the 2
rear wings are additions of c.1820. 2 storey with attic, 5 bay
front arranged 1:3:1, the central 3 bays advanced with pediment.
Plinth, first floor gauged brick band and C20 wooden eaves
cornice. Central 6 panelled double door with moulded stone
architrave with keyblock. Flanked by 2 glazing bar sashes. To
first floor are 4 similar windows. Above the door is
rectangular sandstone panel with a gnomon for sundial. To
pediment a keyed glazing bar oculus. All windows have cambered
brick heads with keyblocks. The right hand side front has
dogtooth eaves course and central 6 panelled door with early C19
panelled wood surround and cornice, to left a C20 tripartite
glazing bar sash and to right a glazing bar sash. to first floor
are 4 glazing bar sashes. Interior. Room on left has full
height panelling and an elliptical arch in a recess. The
staircase is semi-circular with 2 fine twisted balusters to the
tread, carved string and moulded handrail with fluted newel.


Listing NGR: TF3566499588

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.