This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.867 / 52°52'1"N
Longitude: -3.1266 / 3°7'35"W
OS Eastings: 324256
OS Northings: 330538
OS Grid: SJ242305
Mapcode National: GBR 70.RH07
Mapcode Global: WH78Q.Y69F
Entry Name: Pen-Y-Dyffryn Hall
Listing Date: 15 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307392
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255685
Location: Oswestry Rural, Shropshire, SY10
Civil Parish: Oswestry Rural
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Rhydycroesau Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 23 SW OSWESTRY RURAL C.P. RHYD-Y-CROESAU
1/207 Pen-y-Dyffryn Hall
Shown on O.S. map as Rectory.
Rectory, now guest house. Probably c.1838, extended 1849 and 1856
with later additions and alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble,
slate hipped roof with wide spreading eaves and yellow brick ridge
stack to right. Main block of 3 x 2 bays, extended by 2 similar blocks
to rear, which have datestones "RW 1849" and "RIN 1856" respectively.
2 storeys; 3-window front, glazing bar sashes (30-paned to ground
floor and 16-paned to first floor) with wedge lintels and stone cills;
central entrance, early C20 half-glazed door with plain fanlight in
brick-arched recess. Rhyd-y-Croesau parish church (not included and
situated in Wales) was built in 1838 and the rectory presumably dates
from about this time.
Listing NGR: SJ2425630538
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings