This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7108 / 52°42'38"N
Longitude: -1.4431 / 1°26'35"W
OS Eastings: 437720
OS Northings: 312716
OS Grid: SK377127
Mapcode National: GBR 6HM.1YT
Mapcode Global: WHDHZ.S4Z5
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 7 December 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307460
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187809
Location: Normanton Le Heath, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE67
District: North West Leicestershire
Civil Parish: Normanton le Heath
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Normanton le Heath Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 25/10/2016
SK 31 SE
NORMANTON LE HEATH
The Old Rectory
Large house, rebuilt in 1852-53 to the designs of Robert Jennings of Atherstone. Flemish bond brickwork with stone dressings. Slate roof, various chimney stacks - one only of original design surviving. A high 2 storeys, square in plan. North side has 2 gables, 1 slightly projecting, and recessed doorway with 2 centred moulded stone arch. 1 expressed chimney on left hand gable. Diamond leaded, and 6-light sash windows. Coped gable to south with trefoil finial and kneelers. Stone mullion and transomed windows to this elevation.
The plans and elevations are held at Leicestershire Record Office.
Listing NGR: SK3772012716
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings