This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0643 / 51°3'51"N
Longitude: -2.4771 / 2°28'37"W
OS Eastings: 366662
OS Northings: 129548
OS Grid: ST666295
Mapcode National: GBR MW.FB6T
Mapcode Global: FRA 56P9.QRH
Entry Name: The Old Toll House
Listing Date: 18 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307562
English Heritage Legacy ID: 261966
Location: Bratton Seymour, South Somerset, Somerset, BA9
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Bratton Seymour
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
BRATTON SEYMOUR CP
4/35 The Old Toll House
Detached house, formerly toll house. Early C19. Cary stone cut and squared; hipped plain clay tile roof; brick chimney
stack. Two storeys, 5-bay east elevation, of which bay 1 is a single-storey lean-to, and bays 3, 4 and 5 are C20
additions to match, Bay 2 is a projecting, chamfered wing, with 2-light small-pane casements to each face, with former
doorway in south-east splay now blocked by matching window; upper windows bays 4 and 5 set into raked dormers,
otherwise voussoired flat arches to windows. Studded boarded door in south wall of lean-to. C20 flat-roofed extension
on west side. Interior not seen. Road turnpiked in 1765 by the Vale of Blackmoor Trust; it was transferred to the
Wincanton Trust in 1824, which could be the building date.
Listing NGR: ST6666229548
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings