History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Runnington House

A Grade II Listed Building in Langford Budville, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9891 / 50°59'20"N

Longitude: -3.2571 / 3°15'25"W

OS Eastings: 311861

OS Northings: 121830

OS Grid: ST118218

Mapcode National: GBR LT.KYG2

Mapcode Global: FRA 462H.DXD

Entry Name: Runnington House

Listing Date: 25 January 1956

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1307638

English Heritage Legacy ID: 270991

Location: Langford Budville, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA21

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

Civil Parish: Langford Budville

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: Runnington

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in
Wellington

Listing Text

LANGFORD BUDVILLE CP
ST12SW
RUNNINGTON
4/49
Runnington House
25.1.56
II
Rectory, now private dwelling. Early C19, altered early C20. Rendered and roughcast over
rubble, concrete tile roof;triple Roman tile to former coachouse wing with brick stack
gable end, brick stack right gable end of main building,between first and second bays
left and rising from gable end of bakehouse left. L-plan facing south-east, left wing
with bakehouse abutting kitchen to left of entrance, right coach house range abutting
drawing room, stairs at junction.Two storeys, 2:2;3 bays, first floor 9-pane sash
windows, C20 replacements in 3 bays right of coach house, ground floor left single bay
bakehouse with entrance, half glazed with radiating glazing bars, 12-pane sashes left
of entrance,6-panel door, right 12-pane sashes flanking central casement with similar
radiating glazing bars, (also on rear elevation to stair) to right semi-circular headed
coach house entrance, two 2-light casements to right. Interior partly seen, early
C19 stick stair, moulded plasterwork wine leaf frieze to right hand room.
The rectory was sold in 1933.


Listing NGR: ST1186121830

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.