This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6789 / 52°40'44"N
Longitude: -2.8456 / 2°50'44"W
OS Eastings: 342926
OS Northings: 309362
OS Grid: SJ429093
Mapcode National: GBR BD.4B3W
Mapcode Global: WH8BS.8X6M
Entry Name: Mill Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307723
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259473
Location: Pontesbury, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Pontesbury
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Great Hanwood
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SJ 40 NW PONTESBURY C.P. CRUCKMEOLE
4/170 Mill Farmhouse
Shown on O.S. map as Cruckmeole Mill.
Mill, now farmhouse. Mainly c.1800, but millhouse incorporating parts of
an earlier building, later additions and alterations. Red brick with yellow
brick headers to house and grey brick voussoirs to openings on mill, concrete
tile roof with ridge and end stacks. Mill house L-shaped plan with mill at
right-angles to north-east. House: 2 storeys with third storeyto back range,
dentilled eaves cornice; 3-window front, sliding glazing bar sashes to first
floor and 3-light late C19 casements to ground floor, all with gauged heads;
central entrance, 6-panel door with fanlight under cast-iron trellised porch.
Mill: on 3 levels with dentilled eaves carried up round front gable; seg-
mental-headed windows with cast-iron glazing bars flank doors, also with
segmental heads, on ground and first-floor levels, gabled wooden projection
for former hoist above; no machinery survives inside mill but position of
former wheel can be seen against right-hand return. Interior (of house):
central bay of rear range is timber framed and has chamfered spine beams
and joists with ogee stops on ground floor. A mill is first recorded on the
site in 1308. V.C.H. VIII (1968), p.259.
Listing NGR: SJ4292609362
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings