This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8754 / 51°52'31"N
Longitude: 0.1738 / 0°10'25"E
OS Eastings: 549737
OS Northings: 221881
OS Grid: TL497218
Mapcode National: GBR MDR.8S3
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.Y4Q4
Entry Name: Clock House
Listing Date: 18 October 1949
Last Amended: 11 July 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307790
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160967
Location: Bishop's Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM23
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Bishop's Stortford
Built-Up Area: Bishop's Stortford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Hockerill All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 23/01/2013
TL 42 SE:6/74
(Nos 1, 2 and 3)
(Formerly listed as Church Manor Stables)
Late C18 stable block converted to houses. Red brick, modern plaster, old red tile
hipped roof. Two storeys. Modern doors and windows. Main feature, a tall cupola in
centre of roof in white painted wood. Octagonal plan on square base. Peristyle of
Doric columns, modillion cornice and lead onion dome with wrought iron weathervane.
Clock in leaded substructure on south. West wall has blind brick Serliana interrupted
by modern chimney.
Listing NGR: TL4973721881
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings