This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8067 / 51°48'24"N
Longitude: 0.1374 / 0°8'14"E
OS Eastings: 547455
OS Northings: 214166
OS Grid: TL474141
Mapcode National: GBR LD4.RK1
Mapcode Global: VHHM1.BVHC
Entry Name: Outbuilding at Number 15 (10 Yards South West of House)
Listing Date: 2 October 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307919
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160781
Location: Sawbridgeworth, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM21
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Sawbridgeworth
Built-Up Area: Sawbridgeworth
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: High Wych St James
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
HIGH WYCH ROAD
Outbuilding at No 15
(10 yds SW of House)
TL 474 141:6/20
C16 largely reconstructed in C19. Timberframed and plastered building
under steep old red tile roof. E part reconstructed in red brick with roof
maintaining same pitch. W gable now exposed due to part demolition and
shows heavy timber framework with swept jowled posts, cambered tie beam,
diminished principals of a clasped purlin roof with collar and queen struts.
Part of plastered side wall remains and C19 central stack. E gable C19
red brick with bargeboard and finial. Brick part formerly used as Mission
Hall. High single storey with door at NE and 2 large windows in N side.
6/6 paned sash windows recessed under segmental brick arches. Uncertain
how much of the older fabric is incorporated in the brick built part.
Listed for group value.
Listing NGR: TL4745514166
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings