This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5233 / 52°31'23"N
Longitude: -2.9972 / 2°59'49"W
OS Eastings: 332441
OS Northings: 292180
OS Grid: SO324921
Mapcode National: GBR B6.G2SV
Mapcode Global: VH75R.0VC0
Entry Name: Sundial Approximately 70 Metres to East of Roveries Hall
Listing Date: 2 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307951
English Heritage Legacy ID: 257087
Location: Lydham, Shropshire, SY9
Civil Parish: Lydham
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Lydham
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 39 SW LYDHAM C.P. OWL'S LANE (north side)
2/173 Sundial approximately
70 metres to east of
Sundial. Dated 1760, though probably assembled from previously unassociated
parts. Limestone ashlar. Central unfluted Corinthian column supporting square
dial head with globe finial above. Circular seat around base with 4 bulbous
baluster legs and 4 curved armrests with carved lions. Imported from Odiham
in Hampshire in the mid to late C20.
Listing NGR: SO3244192180
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings