This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8759 / 51°52'33"N
Longitude: 0.1531 / 0°9'11"E
OS Eastings: 548314
OS Northings: 221895
OS Grid: TL483218
Mapcode National: GBR LCD.9KB
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.L3TR
Entry Name: Oak Hall
Listing Date: 11 July 1983
Last Amended: 21 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308198
English Heritage Legacy ID: 160901
Location: Bishop's Stortford, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, CM23
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Bishop's Stortford
Built-Up Area: Bishop's Stortford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bishops Stortford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
6/13 CHANTRY CLOSE
The address shall be amended to read:
5253 CHANTRY CLOSE
TL 42 SE:6/13
Mid Cl9 by G E Pritchett. Imitation Elizabethan timber-framed hall house. Exposed
timber frame, pargetting and modern cement rendering. Weatherboarded gables and steep
old red tile roof. Two storeys. Single block with 2 cross wings at right angles to
street. Main south elevation has lean-to porch in angle of east projecting wing with
tiled roof, re-used late Gothic tracery in spandrel and Elizabethan bargeboard.
Modern casement to both floors. West projection has cement rendered ground floor with 3 narrow lights linked by hood mould course. Plastered first floor with bold
pargetted armorial motifs. Inserted Jacobean stone carvings in centre ground floor
cemented base. Four very tall mullioned brick stacks.
Listing NGR: TL4831421895
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings