This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6426 / 52°38'33"N
Longitude: -2.5733 / 2°34'23"W
OS Eastings: 361303
OS Northings: 305134
OS Grid: SJ613051
Mapcode National: GBR BR.6R5L
Mapcode Global: WH9D7.FVV0
Entry Name: Churchyard Wall, Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 24 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308220
English Heritage Legacy ID: 258875
Location: Leighton and Eaton Constantine, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Leighton and Eaton Constantine
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Leighton-under-Wrekin St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
LEIGHTON AND EATON CONSTANTINE C.P.
SJ 60 NW
Church of St Mary
Churchyard wall. Early C18, repaired mid- to late C19. Fled brick.
Encloses roughly circular churchyard, a minimum of 0.8m high and a
maximum of 2.5m high on south-west corner; the top re-built in C19
purplish brown brick on west and part of north sides. The steps,
flanked by ball finials, leading to Leighton Hall (q.v.) at south-
west corner are probably C19 and the lychgate at north-east corner
(dated 1920) is not included. The shape and elevated nature of the
churchyard suggest an early origin for the Church of St Mary (q.v.).
A priest is recorded at Leighton in Domesday.
Listing NGR: SJ6130305134
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings