This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9547 / 51°57'16"N
Longitude: -0.1702 / 0°10'12"W
OS Eastings: 525840
OS Northings: 230043
OS Grid: TL258300
Mapcode National: GBR J7B.KS9
Mapcode Global: VHGNV.04DD
Entry Name: Red Lion Public House
Listing Date: 28 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308299
English Heritage Legacy ID: 162703
Location: Weston, North Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG4
District: North Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Weston
Built-Up Area: Weston
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Weston
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
WESTON DAMASK GREEN ROAD
TL 2530 (West side)
7/91 Red Lion P.H.
Public house. C17 or earlier, C18 brick casing to ground floor front,
painted brick rear outshut and red brick outbuildings. Steep old red
tile roof, hipped at S end. A long 2-storeys building on roadside facing
E with very large external old red brick chimney at N end with 3
diagonally set square shafts. Large rear lean-to extension with
single-storey outhouses running ENE from its N end. W front has
roughcast 1st floor with plain margins and drip above brick ground floor
and black stuccoed sill. 4 windows to 1st floor, 3 to ground floor flush
2-lights casement windows with small panes. Segmental arches to ground
floor. Half-glazed panelled doors, one between RH pair of windows, one
below LH 1st floor window. Moulded surrounds with full entablature and
flat hood on shaped brackets. Large internal chimney a third from S end.
Outhouses partly colonised as pub accommodation. Cellar entrance in rear
Listing NGR: TL2584030043
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings