This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3509 / 51°21'3"N
Longitude: -1.4192 / 1°25'9"W
OS Eastings: 440540
OS Northings: 161473
OS Grid: SU405614
Mapcode National: GBR 713.8A9
Mapcode Global: VHC27.C91R
Entry Name: Church of St Martin
Listing Date: 16 May 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308345
English Heritage Legacy ID: 138345
Location: East Woodhay, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG20
District: Basingstoke and Deane
Civil Parish: East Woodhay
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: East Woodhay St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 46 SW EAST WOODHAY EAST WOODHAY
16.5.66 Church of St Martin
1823 (Billing), 1849 and 1887. On the site of an ancient church, the nave and west
tower of the first date, the chancel of the second, and porch of the third. Gothic
(decorated) chancel and porch, with steep tile roofing, flint walls with stone
dressings (traceried windows, corner and intermediate buttresses). Wide aisleless
nave and western tower in red brickwork, with slender buttresses, and a low-pitched
slate roof. Inside, the nave roof has an open scissors truss, with cusped spandrels.
The north side of the chancel has a monument (from the old church) of Edward Goddard
(1724) and his wife, with a classical marble framework of pediment, coupled Doric
pilasters, pedestal, central case supporting an urn, with figures (in contemporary
dress) on each side.
Listing NGR: SU4180861094
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings