History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Parish Church of St Andrew

A Grade II Listed Building in Aunsby and Dembleby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9258 / 52°55'32"N

Longitude: -0.4341 / 0°26'2"W

OS Eastings: 505362

OS Northings: 337632

OS Grid: TF053376

Mapcode National: GBR FRJ.K23

Mapcode Global: WHGKL.9QJD

Entry Name: Parish Church of St Andrew

Listing Date: 11 January 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1308448

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192666

Location: Aunsby and Dembleby, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Aunsby and Dembleby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: South Lafford

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Aswarby

Listing Text

TF 03 NE AUNSBY AND DEMBLEBY SCOTT WILLOUGHBY

7/31 Parish Church of
St. Andrew

II

Parish church. C10, C12, C17, repaired 1826, chancel renewed 1863, walls
restored 1882. Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and
dressings, slate roofs. Nave with bellcote and chancel. To the west gable a
single gabled bellcote with pointed arch and chamfered hood. The north wall
of the nave has a single 3 light chamfered mullioned window with segmental
heads to the lights and chamfered surround with hood mould. Y-traceried C19
chancel east window in pointed and double hollow chamfered surround. In the
south wall of the nave is a window matching that to the north and a planked
doorway with segmental lintel and keyblock. Interior: Plain segmental
chancel arch with to right a stone bearing C10 interlace carving and to
the left a C12 roll moulded fragment. Fittings: Good set of early C19 plain
softwood box pews, handsome late C17 altar rails with barley sugar
balusters and moulded rail. Panelled softwood pulpit and reading desk with
applied diaper bolection mouldings. On the north nave wall are 2 early C19
painted commandment boards and above the chancel arch a painted Royal Arms
of George IV dated 1825. Plain tapering circular tub font with oversize
early C19 scumbled softwood octagonal lid.


Listing NGR: TF0536237632

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.