This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.934 / 51°56'2"N
Longitude: 0.5042 / 0°30'15"E
OS Eastings: 572253
OS Northings: 229130
OS Grid: TL722291
Mapcode National: GBR PH2.N9H
Mapcode Global: VHJJ3.PND7
Entry Name: Pages
Listing Date: 21 December 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308485
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115553
Location: Shalford, Braintree, Essex, CM7
Civil Parish: Shalford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Shalford St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 7229 SHALFORD BRAINTREE ROAD
House. C.1590, altered in C20. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with handmade
red clay tiles. 4 bays facing NE, with axial stack in second bay from left end,
forming lobby-entrance. Crosswing at right end with stack at junction.
Single-storey extensions at and behind left end. 2 storeys. Ground floor, one
mid-C19 sash of 6 lights, 2 C20 casements, C20 square bay. C20 door with
bracketed hood. Sprockets below eaves at front and right return. Grouped
diagonal shafts on main stack. Chamfered axial beams with lamb's tongue stops,
chamfered joists of horizontal section with lamb's tongue stops. Jowled posts,
curved tension braces trenched inside heavy studding. The left bay has 2
unglazed windows, with diamond mortices on the ground floor, 2 diamond mullions
on the first floor. No shutter grooves or rebates, other windows glazed from
the outset. Large wood-burning hearth, mantel beam chamfered with lamb's
tongue stops. Clasped purlin roof with arched wind bracing. No visible dating
features in crosswing. RCHM 7.
Listing NGR: TL7225329130
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings