This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3663 / 53°21'58"N
Longitude: -0.0082 / 0°0'29"W
OS Eastings: 532627
OS Northings: 387338
OS Grid: TF326873
Mapcode National: GBR XYDJ.00
Mapcode Global: WHHJS.VN86
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 7 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308635
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195083
Location: Louth, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Louth
Built-Up Area: Louth
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Louth
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 38 NW
1/336 The Rectory
Rectory. 1828. Red brick with slate roofs plus brick coped gables and kneelers.
4 tall brick stacks with diagonal shafts. 2 storey main south front, 3 bays with
slightly recessed central bay containing a central doorway with a painted 4 centred
arched surround with half glazed door. To the left a tall 4 light casement with 4
centred arched heads under a Tudor hood, and to the right a shorter similar window.
Above a central glazing bar sash with a 4 centred arched head. Either side are
single 2 light cross casements, and above are single blind openings in the gables.
The irregularly fenestrated west front has an external stack which has some
medieval fragments from the church buried in its masonry, plus a datestone
inscribed 1828. Interior has a comtemporary single flight return staircase with
early Cl8 re-used balusters;these are probably from the earlier house on this site,
other parts of which may well be hidden within the present building.
Listing NGR: TF3262787338
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings