History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Andrew

A Grade II* Listed Building in Beesby with Saleby, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2988 / 53°17'55"N

Longitude: 0.1955 / 0°11'43"E

OS Eastings: 546413

OS Northings: 380227

OS Grid: TF464802

Mapcode National: GBR YZT9.36

Mapcode Global: WHJLD.ZB8Y

Entry Name: Church of St Andrew

Listing Date: 9 March 1967

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1308650

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195578

Location: Beesby with Saleby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Beesby with Saleby

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Beesby with Maltby St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Maltby le Marsh

Listing Text

BEESBY CHURCH LANE
TF 48 SE
1/55 Church of
St. Andrew
9-3-67

II*

Parish church. C13, 1841 substantial rebuilding. Red brick
with ashlar dressings, squared chalk and greenstone rubble, slate
roofs, timber and lead bellcote. Nave with western bellcote and
chancel. All windows have cusped C19 tracery. The squared
greenstone rubble west end has a 2 light window with above a
louvred circular opening. Beneath the window is a C13 cross
fleury grave slab. The octagonal bellcote has pointed latticed
openings and a shaped lead roof. The north nave wall has 3 two
light pointed windows, separated by brick buttresses. The east
window is of 3 lights and in the chancel south wall, which is
partly in chalk, is a blocked doorway and a 2 light window. The
nave south wall is in red brick and has a pair of 2 light windows
and a pointed moulded doorway. Interior. C13 double chamfered
chancel arch supported on octagonal imposts having grotesque
human head corbels, one seemingly with toothache. All fittings
are C20 apart from the C17 octagonal font bowl with moulded rim
and C14 base with bell moulded plinth.


Listing NGR: TF4641380227

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.