This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5613 / 53°33'40"N
Longitude: -0.2983 / 0°17'53"W
OS Eastings: 512808
OS Northings: 408535
OS Grid: TA128085
Mapcode National: GBR VWC8.63
Mapcode Global: WHHHP.DR56
Entry Name: Boundary Farmhouse
Listing Date: 1 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308784
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196656
Location: Great Limber, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN37
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Great Limber
Built-Up Area: Great Limber
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Brocklesby Park
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 10 NW GREAT LIMBER GRASBY ROAD
House, 1773, with C19 alterations. Brick with ashlar dressings,
black glazed pantile roof, 2 brick gable stacks, brick coped and
tumbled gables. 5 bay 3 storey front, first and second floor
bands with dentillated eaves course. Parallel ranges. Central
C19 glazed panelled door with traceried fanlight and semicircular
arch flanked by pilasters supporting a narrow flat head.
Flanked by single C19 canted bay windows with bordered glazing
bar sashes, plain friezes and moulded cornices. On the first
floor are 5 glazing bar sash windows and on the second floor 5
smaller similar windows. All upper windows have splayed lintels
with raised keyblocks. To left of front is a single storey C19
billiard room extension with a 2 light glazing bar sash canted
bay window. 1773 date recorded in the iron ties in the left
gable; both gables tumbled. This house was built as part of a
model farm complex by the first Earl of Yarborough.
Listing NGR: TA1280808535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings