History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Elms Farm Barn and Cartlodge, Originally Part of Woodham Mortimer Lodge Complex and Approximately 40 Metres West of Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Woodham Mortimer, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7096 / 51°42'34"N

Longitude: 0.6459 / 0°38'45"E

OS Eastings: 582899

OS Northings: 204518

OS Grid: TL828045

Mapcode National: GBR QM9.N4C

Mapcode Global: VHJKC.49S8

Entry Name: Elms Farm Barn and Cartlodge, Originally Part of Woodham Mortimer Lodge Complex and Approximately 40 Metres West of Lodge

Listing Date: 14 November 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1308839

English Heritage Legacy ID: 119125

Location: Woodham Mortimer, Maldon, Essex, CM9

County: Essex

District: Maldon

Civil Parish: Woodham Mortimer

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Woodham Mortimer with Hazeleigh

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Woodham Mortimer

Listing Text

TL 80 SW WOODHAM MORTIMER LODGE ROAD

5/137 Elms Farm Barn and
cartlodge, originally
part of Woodham
Mortimer Lodge complex
and approx. 40 metres
west of Lodge

GV II

Barley barn. Dated 1827. Red brick. Grey slate roof. 2 gabled midstreys with
vertically boarded double doors to east. 2:4 recessed arches with diagonal
pattern brick ventilators to each. Original grey slate granary outshots to east
face, with brick airing arches under. Original copper damp proof course.
Recessed arches to returns and rear with brick ventilators. Stone panels to
right and left return gables, that to right relating "Barn destroyed by
destructive fire 1826, rebuilt 1827 J.C.G." Boarded side purlin roof, braces to
collars, king posts above collars. Attached to left return is a 7 bay cartlodge
of similar materials, stop chamfered timber support posts and cast iron hanging
knees.


Listing NGR: TL8289904518

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.