History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Morton & Hanthorpe, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8011 / 52°48'3"N

Longitude: -0.3729 / 0°22'22"W

OS Eastings: 509794

OS Northings: 323855

OS Grid: TF097238

Mapcode National: GBR GVH.8KH

Mapcode Global: WHGL6.7VPH

Entry Name: The Vicarage

Listing Date: 22 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1308977

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194376

Location: Morton & Hanthorpe, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE10

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Morton & Hanthorpe

Built-Up Area: Morton (South Kesteven)

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Morton St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Rippingale

Listing Text

MORTON STATION ROAD
TF 02 SE
(south side)
8/163 The Vicarage
II

Vicarage. 1796, by John Andrew, early C19, late C19. Coursed
limestone rubble, limestone ashlar, some red brick. Collyweston
tile roof, with pantiles to rear; stone coped gables,
modillioned wooden eaves, gable stacks and single ridge stack to
rear. L-plan. 2 storey, 5 bay front with central doorway with
large semi-circular head with semi-circular ashlar lintel
inscribed "Vixea noftra voca". Ashlar doorcase inscribed "S.H.
profuit" on the right hand jamb, and "April 22 1796" on the left
hand jamb. Large fanlight and double glazed doors. Doorway
flanked by single ashlar dressed Venetian windows each with
raised keystone over central light and glazing bar sashes. 5
glazing bar sashes above. 2 bay south side with a 5 light
casement to the left and 3 light casement to the right, both with
ashlar lintels and raised keystones. Red brick early C19 stable
attached to right with blocked doorway with segmental head and a
2 light sliding sash above with wooden lintel. East gable end
with 2 doorways, one panelled, the other with double stable
doors. 2 light casement above. Rubble garden wall runs from
north-east corner of house, eastwards, with large battlements,
doorway to east with brick surround and plank door, and pointed
brick niche to west. Late C19 single flight staircase in rear
hall with carved tread ends, plain bannisters and moulded
handrail. Ground floor rooms with pairs of plain, semi-circular
headed niches. Several late C18 cupboards in bedrooms.


Listing NGR: TF0979423855

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.