This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8491 / 51°50'56"N
Longitude: 1.2731 / 1°16'23"E
OS Eastings: 625530
OS Northings: 221790
OS Grid: TM255217
Mapcode National: GBR VRW.4P0
Mapcode Global: VHLCV.0SXB
Entry Name: Gun Fleet
Listing Date: 30 July 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1309165
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119947
Location: Frinton and Walton, Tendring, Essex, CO14
Civil Parish: Frinton and Walton
Built-Up Area: Walton-on-the-Naze
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Walton-le-Soken All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
FRINTON AND WALTON THE PARADE,
TM 22 SE
4/98 No. 4 5 ( Gun Fleet )
House. Circa 1860. Brick built and stuccoed. 3 storeys and basement.
Cornice, heavy brackets, band under. 6 narrow round headed windows to second
floor. Right and left 2 storey angled 3 round headed light bays with moulded
cornices, brackets supporting projecting cills, twisted iron cill railings and
ornate vase with handle balusters. Pargetted spandrels and moulded surrounds to
windows. 2 central tall round headed windows to first floor, all vertically
sliding sashes. Central 6 panelled door with round headed fanlight, moulded
surround, pargetted spandrels, frieze, moulded flat canopy. Step approach with
stucco panels to low side walls. Basement window to right.
Listing NGR: TM2553021790
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings