History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

River Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Haslingfield, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1488 / 52°8'55"N

Longitude: 0.0625 / 0°3'44"E

OS Eastings: 541213

OS Northings: 252068

OS Grid: TL412520

Mapcode National: GBR L7Z.BLY

Mapcode Global: VHHKG.18D1

Entry Name: River Farmhouse

Listing Date: 21 April 1980

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1309218

English Heritage Legacy ID: 51788

Location: Haslingfield, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB23

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Haslingfield

Built-Up Area: Haslingfield

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Haslingfield All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Shepreth

Listing Text

TL 45 SW HASLINGFIELD HARSTON ROAD
(North Side)

6/167 River Farmhouse
21. 4.80

GV II

House, now two dwellings. Mid C17, and 1711. Timber-framed, rendered, and
soft red brick. Steeply pitched, tiled roofs with two ridge stacks, both
possibly original, now rendered. One to the principal range has a recessed
panel to the base with the date 1711 (now concealed). T-plan. Two storeys
and attic. East wing principal range has gable end casements, now blocked,
to the attic. The fenestration is C20 except for two C19, twelve-pane hung
sashes. Principal entry in angle between main range and rear wing, and a
lobby entry, also to the rear range. Adjoining and parallel to the rear
range is red brick addition of c.1711. Two storeys and tiled roof with end
parapet on kneelers. A further, single storey and timber-framed addition has
been made at the rear. Inside. Principal range in two bays with original
soft red brick stack and abutting inglenook hearths now blocked.
Intersecting main beams to each bay, but one room has the beams boxed. Newel
staircase at side of stack probably C19 but of C17 origin. The kitchen or
rear range, is also in two bays with lobby entry plan. Roof of clasped side
purlin construction. One dormer to rear range inserted 1828 (dated in glass
set in plaster panel of dormer gable end).
R.C.H.M. West Cambs., mon.(4)


Listing NGR: TL4121352068

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.