History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Number 21 and Barn Adjoining to East

A Grade II Listed Building in Bolton-by-Bowland, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.9401 / 53°56'24"N

Longitude: -2.3289 / 2°19'43"W

OS Eastings: 378508

OS Northings: 449387

OS Grid: SD785493

Mapcode National: GBR DQ5W.L9

Mapcode Global: WH965.6787

Entry Name: Number 21 and Barn Adjoining to East

Listing Date: 16 November 1954

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1309254

English Heritage Legacy ID: 183218

Location: Bolton-by-Bowland, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Bolton-by-Bowland

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Bolton by Bowland St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Bolton by Bowland

Listing Text

BOLTON-BY-BOWLAND MAIN STREET (north side)

SD 78 49

13/46 No. 21 and barn adjoining to
east
16.11.1954
GV II


House and barn, 1835. Coursed watershot limestone with sandstone
dressings and stone slate roof. House and barn form a symmetrical
composition in a vernacular style. 2 storeys. Windows have
chamfered stone surrounds and hoods. House of one bay with a 6-light
mullioned and transomed window on the ground floor and a 3-light
mullioned window on the 1st floor. The door, to the left, is studded
with ornamental hinges and has a chamfered stone surround with Tudor-
arched head and hood. To the right is a chimney with 2 diagonal caps.
The left-hand gable has a coping with footstones. The barn, to the
right, has a wide entrance with chamfered stone surround, Tudor-arched
head and hood. To the right the windows mirror those of the house,
except that the 1st floor window has lost its mullions. At the
right is a doorway with details similar to the others. Above the
wide entrance is a worn heraldic device, inscribed '?L 1855'. The
right-hand gable has a coping with footstone.


Listing NGR: SD7851249388

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.