This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7268 / 51°43'36"N
Longitude: -0.6983 / 0°41'54"W
OS Eastings: 489999
OS Northings: 203920
OS Grid: SP899039
Mapcode National: GBR D41.Q89
Mapcode Global: VHDVL.VV5M
Entry Name: Ships Figurehead from Admiral Lord Howe to North of Pipers
Listing Date: 23 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1309277
English Heritage Legacy ID: 44698
Location: The Lee, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, HP16
Civil Parish: The Lee
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: The Lee
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 80 SE THE LEE THE LEE
4/90 Ship's Figurehead from
'Admiral Lord Howe '
to north of Pipers
Ship's figurehead. 1860 from the 'Admiral Lord Howe', the last
wooden-wall warship built for the Royal Navy. Renamed 'Impregnable'
as a training ship. The ship was broken up in the 1920s, along with
a sister ship 'Hindustan' and used to provide the timber framing for
Liberty and Co.'s store in Regent Street. The figurehead was removed
to The Lee and set up adjacent to Pipers by the Liberty family circa.
1924. Half length figure of Lord Howe in admiral's uniform on Scroll
from prow of ship. Painted timber.
Listing NGR: SP8999903920
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings