History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old House

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Abington, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1192 / 52°7'9"N

Longitude: 0.2391 / 0°14'20"E

OS Eastings: 553399

OS Northings: 249133

OS Grid: TL533491

Mapcode National: GBR M9Y.19C

Mapcode Global: VHHKK.3Z8S

Entry Name: The Old House

Listing Date: 30 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1309285

English Heritage Legacy ID: 52023

Location: Little Abington, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Little Abington

Built-Up Area: Little Abington

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Great and Little Abington

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Hildersham

Listing Text

TL 5249 LITTLE ABINGTON HIGH STREET
(North-East Side)

9/42 No. 7 (The Old
House)

GV II

House. C16, altered in late C18 with C19 additions to rear. Timber-framed
and roughcast rendered. Hipped plain tiled roof with gablets. Central,
square planned ridge stack and end stack. Two storeys and attics; original
building with main range to east of four timber-framed bays find cross wing to
west of three timber-framed bays, refronted in late C18. Four first floor
flush-framed, twelve-paned hung sash windows; two similar windows flank
half-glazed panelled door with shouldered architraved doorcase and shallow
hood on shaped brackets, bay window to left hand with transomed casements.
Interior: Largely Cl9 with exposed stop-chamfered ceiling beams. An
inscribed stone slab in the grounds is situated near the site where the
remains of the Lagden family were reinterred on 25 June 1948 after a bomb had
destroyed their original graves near the river.

V.C.H., Vol. VI, p9
Sale Catalogue 1951


Listing NGR: TL5339949133

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.