This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0941 / 52°5'38"N
Longitude: 0.1563 / 0°9'22"E
OS Eastings: 547812
OS Northings: 246165
OS Grid: TL478461
Mapcode National: GBR L8P.QBF
Mapcode Global: VHHKP.NMHJ
Entry Name: College Farmhouse and Attached Barn
Listing Date: 17 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1309461
English Heritage Legacy ID: 52883
Location: Duxford, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB22
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Duxford
Built-Up Area: Duxford
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Duxford St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 4646 DUXFORD THE GREEN
15/58 College Farmhouse
and attached barn
Farmhouse now a house. Late C15 or early C16 with late C16 and C17
alterations and additions, renovated late C19 and remodelled. Timber-framed
and plaster infill and plastered. Plain tiled roofs. C19 ridge stack with
three stacks and common entablature. Two storeys and attic. Original
building unheated and jettied to north of four bays (qv No. 105 High Street,
Hinxton) was formerly a guildhall or woolhall. Converted to a farmhouse
c.1560 by the addition of a kitchen wing to the west adjoining a five bay
early C16 barn. South bay and roof of two south bays rebuilt in late C19,
and main elevation remodelled with two storey gabled entrance, crosswing to
south and linking passage with pent roof. Patterned bargeboards; applied
patterned decoration to windows, four first floor and three ground floor
casement windows of various sizes. Panelled door with rectangular fanlight.
Exposed jetty in north elevation. Interior: Exposed substantial
timber-frame and floor frames, sealed windows with mullioned side lights and
shutter grooves, crown-post roof and cambered tiebeams. Moulded mantel beam
and fireplaces reduced in width for C19 lobby entrance. Crownpost roof of
five bays to barn, modified as a granary in C18 or C19. Caius College,
Cambridge owned the property from 1654 to 1825.
V.C.H., Vol. VI, pp205, 211
Listing NGR: TL4781246165
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings