This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5845 / 52°35'4"N
Longitude: -0.3104 / 0°18'37"W
OS Eastings: 514571
OS Northings: 299860
OS Grid: TL145998
Mapcode National: GBR GY3.SFX
Mapcode Global: WHHNJ.69GH
Entry Name: Range of Stables and Smithy to East of Milton Hall
Listing Date: 15 December 1955
Last Amended: 24 February 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1309500
English Heritage Legacy ID: 49938
Location: Castor, Peterborough, PE6
County: City of Peterborough
Civil Parish: Castor
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Castor with Upton and Stibbington and Water Newton
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
5141 CASTOR MILTON PARK
Range of stables and
smithy to east of
(formerly listed as
TL 1499 47/145 15.12.55
Dated 1720. Coursed stone rubble range of stables with steeply pitched hipped
Collyweston stone roof. Two storeys and attic. Coved eaves cornice and band
at floor level. U-shaped on plan with elliptical arched carriageway through
centre range to courtyard. Ground floor stable doors with rectangular fanlights
and horizontal pivot windows with glazing bars. First floor 2-light casements,
some retaining their leaded panes and loft doors. The south wing has range
of 5 segmental headed carriage doors. Hipped dormers.
The blacksmith's workshop wing is to the north.
Listing NGR: TL1457199860
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings