This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7797 / 50°46'46"N
Longitude: -3.2578 / 3°15'28"W
OS Eastings: 311419
OS Northings: 98547
OS Grid: SY114985
Mapcode National: GBR P8.47TB
Mapcode Global: FRA 4720.SSF
Entry Name: Wesley Chapel
Listing Date: 24 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1309665
English Heritage Legacy ID: 86835
Location: Feniton, East Devon, Devon, EX14
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Feniton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Feniton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
FENITON FENNY BRIDGES
SY 19 NW
7/75 Wesley Chapel
Disused chapel, now an animal house, built on or near the site of St Annes Chapel.
Dated 1850. Local stone and flint rubble, some limestone ashlar detail; slate roof.
Small gable-ended single cell chapel on a north-south axis. The front end faces the
main Exeter-London road to the south and here is a blocked 2-centred arch doorway
(there was once a porch in front). Above it is a blocked oculus window and in the
gable a datestone inscribed to effect that the cnapel was built in 1850. The left
(west) side wall contains 3 tall windows with 2-centred arch heads. They contained
timber windows with glazing bars but much of them has now gone. The right (east)
end is blind, so too was the rear (north) end but an opening has been punched
through for the animals. Plain interior with plastered ceiling.
Listing NGR: SY1141998547
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings