History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Linton, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0965 / 52°5'47"N

Longitude: 0.2821 / 0°16'55"E

OS Eastings: 556422

OS Northings: 246691

OS Grid: TL564466

Mapcode National: GBR MB6.D56

Mapcode Global: VHHKR.VK0Q

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 22 November 1967

Last Amended: 30 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1309721

English Heritage Legacy ID: 51917

Location: Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Linton

Built-Up Area: Linton

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Linton St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Bartlow

Listing Text

TL 5646 LINTON GREEN LANE
(West Side)

16/103 No. 14 (The Manor
22.11.67 House) (formerly listed as
Old Manor House)
GV II


House. Mid to late C18. Red brick main facade, exposed timber-frame to
rear. Plain tiled roofs with shallow corbelled parapet gables, end stacks
and ridge stack. Two storeys, with two projecting rear wings. Central
doorway with plain wooden pilasters and entablature with dentil enrichment to
pediment, panelled reveals and six-panelled door with patterned rectangular
fanlight. Four near flush-framed twelve-paned hung sash windows with gauged
brick arches include one blind window. Interior: First and second floor
east rooms with C18 chimney pieces, cupboards, and raised and fielded
panelling; C18 panelled doors and floor tiles. C19 staircase. Three open
fireplaces. The house belonged to a tanner Edmund Taylor (d.1804) who
purchased the property in 1769, the site was associated with tanning before
1600.

Palmer, M W The Antiquities of Linton 1913
V.C.H. Vol. VI, pp82, 97
Stevens, R L Linton P.C. Pub., p22 1983 and unpublished records
R.C.H.M. Report 1951


Listing NGR: TL5642246691

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.