This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1301 / 51°7'48"N
Longitude: -4.1465 / 4°8'47"W
OS Eastings: 249899
OS Northings: 138951
OS Grid: SS498389
Mapcode National: GBR KM.91CF
Mapcode Global: VH4MJ.2VRJ
Entry Name: Middle Winsham Farmhouse and Adjoining Stables and Outbuildings Adjoining South
Listing Date: 14 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1309945
English Heritage Legacy ID: 98337
Location: Braunton, North Devon, Devon, EX33
District: North Devon
Civil Parish: Braunton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Braunton St Brannock
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 43 NE BRAUNTON MIDDLE WINSHAM
7/45 Middle Winsham Farmhouse and
- adjoining stables and outbuildings
Farmhouse, C16/C17. Rubble with gable-ended slate roof. Rubble stack with upper
part in brick at higher gable end and large lateral rubble hall stack at front with
concrete capping in former 3-cell cross-passage plan, the lower end demolished circa
1940. All C20 fenestration. Cross-passage plank door of 2 leaves at lower end with
C20 porch. Chamfered ceiling beams with unusual ornately carved foliated end stops.
Newel staircase to rear of hall with shaped wooden handrail. The stair turret has
been extended to upper gable end to form rear outshut with lean-to roof. C19
Stables and outbuilding adjoin at right angles on south side by slated cart entrance
canopy supported on chamfered and stopped beam. Stable range of rubble, roughly
coursed on roadside with corrugated asbestos roof. Facing yard, 3 plank doors and
brick arched window. Loft door above.
Listing NGR: SS4989938951
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings