This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7818 / 53°46'54"N
Longitude: -0.4065 / 0°24'23"W
OS Eastings: 505094
OS Northings: 432897
OS Grid: TA050328
Mapcode National: GBR G57.MQ
Mapcode Global: WHGFJ.Q6MM
Entry Name: Station-Master's House
Listing Date: 16 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310022
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164671
Location: Cottingham, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU16
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Cottingham
Built-Up Area: Cottingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cottingham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
COTTINGHAM STATION ROAD
TA 03 SE
8/30 Station-master's house
Station-master's house. 1846, probably by G T Andrews for York and North Midland
Railway. Red brick with slate roofs. 2 storeys. L-shaped plan. Ashlar plinth, sill band. 4-panelled door, with overlight with intersecting glazing bars, in pilastered doorcase to re-entrant angle flanked to left by sash with glazing bars under cambered gauged brick arch. First-floor ashlar sill band to 2 similar,
smaller, windows. Rear range has sash with glazing bars and sill flanked by
two C20 sashes with radial glazing formed out of blocked round-headed doors.
Impost band. First-floor band; sash with glazing bars. End elevation has a
canted bay with sashes with glazing bars. First floor band, sash with glazing
bars. Oversailing eaves, paired axial stacks with strainer arches to main
range, axial stack to rear range.
Listing NGR: TA0509432897
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings