This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8777 / 51°52'39"N
Longitude: -0.6441 / 0°38'38"W
OS Eastings: 493436
OS Northings: 220769
OS Grid: SP934207
Mapcode National: GBR F3Q.608
Mapcode Global: VHFRH.S2CD
Entry Name: The Carpenters Arms
Listing Date: 26 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310142
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42145
Location: Slapton, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, LU7
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Slapton
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Slapton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 92 SW SLAPTON HORTON ROAD
1/160 The Carpenters' Arms
Public house. C17, altered. First floor has timber frame with brick
infill, ground floor rebuilt early C19 in red and vitreous brick.
Thatched roof, half-hipped to left, hipped to right over single
storey extension. Central rebuilt brick chimney. 2 storeys, 2 original
bays. Left bay has 3-light barred horizontal-sliding sash to ground
floor. Right bay has paired barred wooden casements and gabled C20 porch
projection to right. Another C20 door to centre. Extension to right has
paired similar casement. Gable to road has 2-light barred horizontal-
sliding sash to first floor, canted oriel window below, and angled lean-to
to left with door and barred window. Small later wing to rear forming
T-plan, has slighter timber frame and tiled roof. First floor of older
bays was probably once jettied.
RCHM II p. 265-6 Mon. 3.
Listing NGR: SP9343620769
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings