This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5274 / 53°31'38"N
Longitude: -0.1973 / 0°11'50"W
OS Eastings: 519598
OS Northings: 404929
OS Grid: TA195049
Mapcode National: GBR WW2N.27
Mapcode Global: WHHHX.YL7N
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 4 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310234
English Heritage Legacy ID: 164402
Location: Irby, North East Lincolnshire, DN37
County: North East Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Irby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Irby on Humber St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 10 SE IRBY UPON HUMBER
5/36 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now house. Mid C18 east range with later C18 - early C19 west wing
forming Garden Front; alterations of 1794 for Rev George Holiwell. Internal
alterations and additions to east wing of 1883 by James Fowler of Louth.
Early C20 porch, bay windows of c1960. Squared chalk with brick dressings,
stack and gable end to east section, brick to later sections; whitewashed
throughout. Pantile roofs. L-shaped on plan: 2-room central entrance west
Garden Front; much altered east wing has single room with later entrance
hall to left, entrance and single room extension to right and continuous
rear outshut. West front: 3 storeys, 3 bays; symmetrical. C20 glazed door
beneath round-headed brick arch flanked by flat-roofed brick bay windows.
12-pane first floor flush sashes, unequal 9-pane first floor flush sashes,
unequal 9-pane 2nd floor flush sashes, all with C20 tile cills. Stepped
brick eaves. Stone-coped gables. End stacks. East wing, south front: 3
storeys, 3 first floor windows with single-storey and attic, single-bay
section to right. Entrance to right has doorcase (re-set from west front in
1883) with panelled pilasters supporting gabled hood; 6-panelled door (top 2
panels glazed) and radial fanlight in beaded-panel arched reveal.
Tripartite sash to left with glazing bars in flush wooden architrave;
similar sash in extension to right. C20 flat-roofed porch to left angle.
12-pane first floor sashes in flush wooden architraves with stucco cills.
Unequal 9-pane 2nd floor sashes in similar surrounds. Stepped brick eaves,
stone-coped gable. End stack. Extension to right has tumbled brick gable
with stone coping, and projecting end stack flanked by 6-pane attic sashes.
Interior contains section of late C18 - early C19 staircase to first floor
with column-on-vase balusters; panelled doors in architraves.
Listing NGR: TA1959504928
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings