History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Elmtree Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6838 / 53°41'1"N

Longitude: -0.0073 / 0°0'26"W

OS Eastings: 531699

OS Northings: 422658

OS Grid: TA316226

Mapcode National: GBR XTDV.66

Mapcode Global: WHHH7.VNPS

Entry Name: Elmtree Farmhouse

Listing Date: 27 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1310349

English Heritage Legacy ID: 166576

Location: Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU12

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Civil Parish: Patrington

Built-Up Area: Patrington

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Patrington St Patrick

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Patrington

Listing Text

PATRINGTON EASTGATE
TA 3022-3122
(north side)
15/34 No 7 (Elmtree Farmhouse)
- II

Farmhouse. 1750 for John and Mary Harrison, with later C18 south front;
early C20 alterations and renovations of 1986. Brick, in Flemish bond to
south front, colour-washed. Pantile roof. L-shaped on plan: earlier 2-room
north wing with central entrance; 2-room, central entrance-hall-south front.
2 storeys with attic, 3 bays; symmetrical. Recessed C20 half-glazed door
and plain overlight in architrave beneath rubbed-brick flat arch with raised
ashlar keystone, flanked by C19-C20 timber canted ground-floor bay window to
right and C20 small-pane glazed door below stucco flat arch to left. First
floor: 12-pane sashes, that to centre beneath rubbed-brick keyed flat arch,
wider sashes to sides beneath stucco flat arches. Stepped eaves. End
stacks. Right return (former east front): 2 storeys, 3 bays; symmetrical.
Central 12-pane sliding sash in original segmental-headed doorway, flanked
by 3-light casements with glazing bars beneath segmental arches; central
first-floor 2-light segmental-headed casement flanked by similar 3-light
windows. Tumbled-in brick to right gable. Axial and end stacks. Rear of
north wing has datestone above central entrance inscribed:
1750
H
T M
Interior. South range has open well staircase with ramped corniced
handrail, C20 infilled balustrade; moulded cornices to ground-floor rooms;
original chimney-piece to ground floor left with reeded pilasters, fluted
dosserets and reeded pulvinated frieze, flanked by half-domed alcove to left
with fluted pilasters and keyed fluted archivolt, and round-headed alcove to
right with archivolt, both in fielded-panel surrounds.


Listing NGR: TA3169922658

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.