This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8623 / 53°51'44"N
Longitude: -0.8135 / 0°48'48"W
OS Eastings: 478129
OS Northings: 441328
OS Grid: SE781413
Mapcode National: GBR QRRS.P6
Mapcode Global: WHFCT.G5VX
Entry Name: Church of Saint Edmund
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310440
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167077
Location: Seaton Ross, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO42
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Seaton Ross
Built-Up Area: Seaton Ross
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Seaton Ross St Edmund
Church of England Diocese: York
SEATON ROSS CHURCH LANE
SE 74 SE
5/58 Church of Saint Edmund
Church. 1788, restored 1901-8 by Temple Moore. Orange brick in Flemish
bond with stone dressings, plain tile roof. Two-stage west tower, 4-bay
nave, single-bay chancel. West tower: small round-headed window to ground
floor, paired similar openings to belfry, all under gauged brick arches.
Datestone above belfry openings. Stepped brick eaves cornice, pyramidal
roof with windvane. Nave: 3 shortened round-headed cross-mullion windows
with leaded glazing under gauged brick arches. (The original stone sills
are now below an apron of brick inserted in 1901-8.) Double leaf boarded
door under round gauged brick arch. Sundial over with inscription:
Disce dies numerare tuos
William Watson delin
Dentilled brick eaves cornice, plain close verges. Chancel: 3-light
mullioned window with leaded glazing under segmental arch. Plain Venetian
east window. Dentilled eaves cornice, shaped kneelers to coped gable.
Cross finial. Interior: C18 pulpit with raised and fielded panelling under
sounding board with cornice. C18 altar rails with centre gate, turned
balusters, and heavy moulded handrail with knob finials. Plain C12 tub font
in tower chamber.
Listing NGR: SE7812941328
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings