This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1149 / 50°6'53"N
Longitude: -5.4458 / 5°26'44"W
OS Eastings: 153752
OS Northings: 29551
OS Grid: SW537295
Mapcode National: GBR DXYC.SBS
Mapcode Global: VH130.KCCS
Entry Name: The Church of St Piran and St Michael
Listing Date: 10 June 1954
Last Amended: 9 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310512
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70010
Location: Perranuthnoe, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: Perranuthnoe
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Perranuthnoe
Church of England Diocese: Truro
PERRANUTHNOE CHURCHTOWN, Perranuthnoe
SW 52 SW
1/99 The Church of St Piran and St
Michael (formerly listed as
10.6.54 "The Church of St Piran").
Parish church. Some Norman fabric and font, mostly rebuilt circa 1470 and much
restored and partly rebuilt in 1883. Granite ashlar tower, otherwise granite rubble
with granite or freestone dressings. Dry Delabole slate roofs.
Plan : nave/chancel (partly C12), C15 tower, C15 north aisle, C12 south transept
(mostly rebuilt in 1883) and circa C14 porch (largely rebuilt in 1883).
Exterior : 3-stage C15 tower with original Perpendicular door and windows: strings
dividing stages; embattled parapet with corner pinnacles; louvred bell chamber
windows and clockface (1913) to east window.
North aisle: C15 Perpendicular windows and doorway except for C19 east window.
C19 chancel window and C19 windows to south aisle and transept.
Norman south doorway with 3 carved heads to the hoodmould.
Interior : possibly C12 transept arch on octagonal responds; C15 tower arch; C15 4-
bay arcade; C15 rood stairs; C19 wall plaster and C19 waggon roofs.
Fittings : C12 square granite font; 1740 oak pulpit on granite base; George III
painted coat of arms (dated 1814); 1926 rood screen choir stalls and reredos in
Perpendicular style; some coloured glass.
Monuments : marble wall monuments to : Humphry Cole of Marazion, died 1775 aged 43
and Phillis his wife, died 1800 aged 67; and to Christopher Cole RN, Knight Commander
of the Bath, Colonel of Marines D.C.L., 1770-1836, also others of the same family.
Listing NGR: SW5375229551
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings