This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.334 / 50°20'2"N
Longitude: -4.2005 / 4°12'1"W
OS Eastings: 243493
OS Northings: 50548
OS Grid: SX434505
Mapcode National: GBR NT.X6X7
Mapcode Global: FRA 2824.Z8S
Entry Name: Devonport Inn
Listing Date: 26 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310602
English Heritage Legacy ID: 61744
Location: Maker-with-Rame, Cornwall, PL10
Civil Parish: Maker-with-Rame
Built-Up Area: Kingsand
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Maker
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 45 SW MAKER-WITH-RAME THE CLEAVE (west side),
9/86 Devonport Inn
Inn. Circa 1740, with C19 and C20 alterations. Rubble, rendered, slate roof with
brick gable end stack to right. Originally 2-room plan with central entrance
passage, stair hall to rear right and rear service wing to right; front rooms opened
to one, and entrance moved to left.
3 storeys and 3 bays, all 4-pane sashes with segmental heads, replaced at first and
2nd floor, C20 porch to left with door to front and side.
Interior: Stair well to rear right has dog-leg stair from ground floor to first
floor, with splat balusters and moulded handrail. From first floor to 2nd floor a
straight flight. At first floor, the room to front left has a moulded plaster
cornice and unusually fine corner cupboard, with fluted shell recess, shaped shelves,
pilasters and round arch with key, panelled cupboards below. 2-panelled door to
room. At 2nd floor, 2-panelled doors to front rooms, front left room has panelled
cupboards with butterfly hinges.
Listing NGR: SX4349350548
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings