This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6295 / 51°37'46"N
Longitude: -0.7509 / 0°45'3"W
OS Eastings: 486556
OS Northings: 193032
OS Grid: SU865930
Mapcode National: GBR D54.WG8
Mapcode Global: VHDW4.X9XP
Entry Name: The Little Market House
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Last Amended: 28 June 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310836
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46009
Location: Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11
Electoral Ward/Division: Abbey
Built-Up Area: High Wycombe
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: High Wycombe All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The Little Market House
(Formerly listed as
Market House under
SU 8693 SE 2/7 9.1.54.
Dating from circa 1604, remodelled by Robert Adam, 1761. Red brick with
stone dressings, lead covered dome. Octagonal central block with fanshaped
extension on the northern half, finishing with half pedimented ends towards
the south. Arcaded ground floor with stone impost bands and archivolts,
keystones to central bay arches. Sashes without glazing bars to 1st floor,
outer 2 light window either side in reveal directly under cornice of half
pediment, inner windows have architrave surrounds. Shallow octagonal dome
with ribs on triple stepped blocking course. 1st floor level cornice band
with blocking course with long central panel. Late C19 or early C20 dome
Scheduled Ancient Monument (as Little Market Hall or The Shambles).
Nos 1 to 5 (consec), The Little Market House, Guildhall, Premises occupied
by Midland Bank and The Falcon Hotel form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8658593032
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings