This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7546 / 51°45'16"N
Longitude: -0.9246 / 0°55'28"W
OS Eastings: 474329
OS Northings: 206755
OS Grid: SP743067
Mapcode National: GBR C21.T8R
Mapcode Global: VHDVG.X5L8
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Nicholas
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310842
English Heritage Legacy ID: 43267
Location: Kingsey, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Kingsey
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Kingsey
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 70 NW KINGSEY RISBOROUGH ROAD
6/326 Parish Church of St. Nicholas
Parish church. 1892-3 by J. Moir in late Perpendicular Gothic style.
Coursed rubblestone with ashlar dressings. Old tile roofs. Spire
shingled. 2 bay chancel with gabled side chapels, 3½ bay nave with
south tower/porch to south of west bay. Chancel has 5-light east
window. Chapels have 2-light window. Nave has 4-centred arched 3-light
windows, 3 to north side, 2 to south. East half-bay of nave has lean-to
addition each side,south one a porch with door, north one with 3-light
window. South 'chapel' is vestry with chimney to gable, north 'chapel'
contains organ. Weathered buttresses. Stone coped gables with kneelers
and Celtic apex crosses. West front has two 2-light windows separated
by weathered buttress. Porch/tower has 4-centred west arch with cusped
panelling above, south 3-light window. Single cusped lights to ringing
chamber. Straight headed 3-light belfry windows with stone louvres.
Tracery tops and moulded heads and jambs. Broach spire. Shallow
buttresses. Stair turret in north east angle. Interior. Chancel has
sedilia to south. 4 centred arches to 'chapels' and chancel arch.
Nave and chancel roofs have arch braced scissor trusses with tracery
spandrels. Memorial tablet to Mrs. Wykeham 1823, and Philip Wykeham
1832. Chancel east windows and nave west window stained glass by Kemp,
1901 and 1924.
Listing NGR: SP7432906755
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings