This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6179 / 51°37'4"N
Longitude: -0.8372 / 0°50'13"W
OS Eastings: 480604
OS Northings: 191647
OS Grid: SU806916
Mapcode National: GBR C3W.K53
Mapcode Global: VHDW3.FLSL
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 22 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310958
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46687
Location: Lane End, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14
Civil Parish: Lane End
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Lane End
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
FINGEST AND LANE END CHURCH PATH
SU 89 SW (LANE END)
4/35 Church of the Holy Trinity
Parish church. Dated 1877 on stone dedication tablet at E. end.
By J. Oldrid Scott. Flint with stone dressings, tiled roofs. Nave,
N. porch, tower in angle with small N. transept, N. chapel, chancel and
S, vestry. In Early English style with lancet windows. Off-set
buttresses, stone sill course, flint and stone chequer patterning to tops
of gables. Nave has 2 lancets and cusped roundel to W., 5 lancets to S. with
arched door to left, and 2 lancets to N. Gabled N. porch at right end,
with double chamfered arch, and paired cusped lights to each side. Tower,
raised 1901, is of 3 stages with saddle-back roof, clocks in gables,
paired cusped openings to bell-chamber, lancets, and W. door. Triple
lancets in small gable of N. transept, the central light taller. N.
chapel has 3 lancets to N. and traceried roundel to E. Chancel has 3-
light traceried E. window with carved head hoodmould stops.
Door and 2-light window to vestry. Interior: nave has 6-bay roof of
re-used medieval timbers from barn at Bisham Abbey, with chamfered
arch-braces to collars, and chamfered arched wind-braces.
Listing NGR: SU8060491647
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings