This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.206 / 50°12'21"N
Longitude: -5.0703 / 5°4'13"W
OS Eastings: 181007
OS Northings: 38514
OS Grid: SW810385
Mapcode National: GBR ZD.Q39K
Mapcode Global: FRA 088G.VYN
Entry Name: House Occupied by Mrs Ferris
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311107
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63342
Location: Feock, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Feock
Built-Up Area: Penpol
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Devoran
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 83 NW FEOCK POINT
4/67 House occupied by Mrs Ferris,
House with tramsheds. Circa early C19. Painted stucco. Slurried scantle slate roof
with gable end to south and to wing. 2 axial brick chimneys.
3-room plan to house with workshop, former tramshed, to right and further workshop
further to far right (north) with integral projecting wing to rear (west).
Single storey. Stucco of house part has vermiculated and rusticated jambs and
quoins. East front has lean-to porch, left, original 12-pane sashes and 2 larger
windows with 6-pane fixed lights grouped closer together. Beyond to right is workshop
with wide doorway with pair of ledged doors with small overlight and narrower doorway
to right with ledged door and 6-pane overlight. West front has doorway, left, to
middle of gable end of wing, then 6-pane window and doorway to right. House part
further to right has small window to left of lean-to entrance porch and 2 original
12-pane sashes to right. Right-hand side (north) wall of workshop has 2 windows with
Interior not inspected.
Part of The Redruth and Chasewater Railway 1824-1915, which transported mineral ore
to the port of Devoran from the mining hinterland. Horse drawn until 1854 when steam
locomotives were introduced.
Listing NGR: SW8100738514
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings