This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1958 / 50°11'44"N
Longitude: -5.1397 / 5°8'22"W
OS Eastings: 176014
OS Northings: 37580
OS Grid: SW760375
Mapcode National: GBR Z8.RWJT
Mapcode Global: FRA 083H.ZCS
Entry Name: 39 and 41, St Michael's Road
Listing Date: 24 November 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311146
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66535
Location: St. Gluvias, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: St. Gluvias
Built-Up Area: Ponsanooth
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Mabe
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 NE ST GLUVIAS ST MICHAEL'S ROAD, Ponsanooth
1/129 Nos 39 and 41
Pair of semi-detached council houses. Circa 1922. Designed by P. Edwin Stevens.
Built by Percy Williams. Quarried granite rubble with granite dressings. Scantle
slate hipped roofs with sprocketted eaves. Roof sweeps to lower eaves at left and
right ends. Rendered axial stacks.
Plan: Pair of identical but mirror-image plan houses. Overall U-shaped plan with
full-depth kitchen/living rooms in the middle, and front parlours and rear sculleries
at either end. The sculleries project into short 2-storey wings at the rear. Each
house has central lobby and stair.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Unaltered elevations. Overall 4-window front with original
doors and windows in original openings. Panelled doors with small lights at the top.
Granite hoods on corbels over doorways. Casement windows with glazing bars.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW7601437579
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings