This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8192 / 51°49'8"N
Longitude: -1.0524 / 1°3'8"W
OS Eastings: 465414
OS Northings: 213816
OS Grid: SP654138
Mapcode National: GBR 9ZR.YKH
Mapcode Global: VHCXK.QJ0S
Entry Name: The Little Granary the Old Bakehouse
Listing Date: 26 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311526
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42430
Location: Brill, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Brill
Built-Up Area: Brill
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Brill
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 6513 BRILL THE SQUARE
8/49 No.33 (The Little Granary)
No.34 (The Old Bakehouse)
Pair of houses. 3 bays to right are dated 1740 on stone plaque,
left bay is later C18. 1740 bays are of red and vitreous brick
with red brick quoins and window surrounds, and moulded plinth, first
floor band course and eaves. Tiled roof, brick chimney to left.
Some rubble stone to rear. 2 storeys. Wider bay to right has altered
openings with C20 tripartite sashes. Left bays have 4-pane sash
windows. 6-panelled, top-lit door with C20 wooden cornice hood
between right bays. Early C19 extension to right, of chequer brick
with hipped roof and 4-pane sash over garage entry, formerly ovens.
Late C18 bay to left built in similar style with C20 tile roof, 4-pane
sashes with cambered heads, and 3-pane sash to right over 6-panelled
door, top-lit, in architrave frame with large C20 cornice hood.
C20 extensions to rear. Earlier building has stone steps down to cellar
with blocked 2-light stone window.
Listing NGR: SP6541413816
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings