This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.885 / 51°53'6"N
Longitude: -0.8647 / 0°51'52"W
OS Eastings: 478237
OS Northings: 221325
OS Grid: SP782213
Mapcode National: GBR C0K.XW3
Mapcode Global: VHDTQ.YWRB
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Last Amended: 29 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1311551
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42173
Location: Oving, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Oving
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Oving with Pitchcott
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 72 SE OVING CHURCH ROAD
2/24 The Old Rectory (formerly
listed as The Rectory)
House. Early C19 alterations to older building. W. front is of red
brick with coursed rubble stone plinth, hipped slate roof and brick
chimney to right. Remainder is of coursed rubble stone, part with brick
quoins and window surrounds, and has tiled roofs. 2 storeys. W. front
has 4 bays of early C19 3-pane sash windows with fine gauged brick heads, the
2 left windows in a shallow 2-storey bowed projection. 3rd bay has grained
6-panel door with rectangular fanlight and altered surround. Long N.
front of 4 irregular bays, the centre bays having canted projections with
half-hipped roofs and later sash windows. Room behind right projection has
wooden panelling. N.W. room, with bowed projection, has early C19
plaster cornice and wooden fireplace of uncertain date. Altered staircase
with wooden rails and turned newel posts.
Listing NGR: SP7823721325
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings